Monday, September 12, 2005

Worried Dugong Part II

(written on 7th September)

Invasion of the pretty nurses from China. Lots of them, scurrying around the hospital, going about their jobs. Most of them have really good service attitudes too, although some could really get on your nerves. One was trying to explain to me that I will be the single point of contact between the hospital and our family. She took 3 minutes to explain tat to me, then asked me; "You understand what I just said?" I should have given her a moronic look, do a dugong flip in the air and made her do the explanation again.

NUH has a kinda neat but whacky way of welcoming their open surgery cardiac patients. They've got this photo album of all the equipment, procedures, which they use to 'walk' the patient through the itinerary for the next few days. Thoughtful, but kinda scary I feel, although some patients might want to dream about these things the night before their big surgery. Acquired taste I have to say.

No comments: