Monday, September 12, 2005

Dugong Going Back to Work...

FREAKONOMICS.

If you have not heard of this book before, I'd like to urge you to go get it. Number 1 on the non-fiction charts for God-knows how many weeks, it's gotta be good. I got a copy as a present for my out-going manager a couple of weeks back. Looking back, I should have gotten the book earlier, read it first, then give it away. I hope this lady does not notice me reading over her shoulders in the train now. Lesson 1 for the week : Do not take for granted you will get a copy of TODAY newspaper at the train station. Keep a book with you all the time. If not, you'll be relegated to a 'reading material' amoeba, reading over people's shoulders. And I know that's freaking irritating.

An advice to all smokers, don't smoke. If you like to know why, go speak to my dad. To be brutally honest, he's lucky to be alive today and you, the other smoker, is lucky to have a living testimonial to speak to. Call me to make appointments. FYI : His exact words were : "It's like dying and then coming back to life."

To all the well-wishers out there; my fellow 'brothers' and 'sisters', thanks so much for being around. My dad's recovering well, they've moved him to the general ward yesterday. If he continues his speed of recovery, he could be out of hospital end this week. Yippee!!

*A BIG WET DUGONG SLOPPERY KISS FOR ALL*

No comments: